How to Fix Snipping Tool Not Working on Windows 11
The Snipping Tool is a handy feature on Windows 11 that allows you to capture screenshots of your screen. However, it can be frustrating when it doesn't work. In this article, we'll go over some possible solutions to fix the Snipping Tool not working on Windows 11.
- Solution 1: Restart Your Computer The first thing you can try is to restart your computer. Sometimes, the Snipping Tool may stop working due to a temporary glitch or bug. Restarting your computer can help clear out any issues and get the Snipping Tool back to working condition.
- Solution 2: Check for Updates Make sure that your Windows 11 is up to date with the latest updates. Microsoft regularly releases updates to fix bugs and issues with Windows features, including the Snipping Tool. To check for updates, go to Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- Solution 3: Repair or Reset the Snipping Tool If the Snipping Tool is still not working, you can try repairing or resetting the app. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Start menu and search for "Apps & Features".
- Find the Snipping Tool in the list and click on it.
- Click on "Advanced options".
- Scroll down to "Repair" and click on it.
- If the repair option doesn't work, click on "Reset" to reinstall the app.
- Solution 4: Check Your Antivirus Settings If you have an antivirus installed on your computer, it may be blocking the Snipping Tool from working correctly. Try disabling your antivirus temporarily and check if the Snipping Tool works. If it does, then adjust your antivirus settings to allow the Snipping Tool to function.
- Solution 5: Use a Third-Party Screenshot Tool If all else fails, you can try using a third-party screenshot tool instead of the Snipping Tool. There are many options available online, such as Lightshot or Greenshot, that offer similar features to the Snipping Tool.
In conclusion, the Snipping Tool not working on Windows 11 can be frustrating, but there are several solutions you can try to fix it. Restart your computer, check for updates, repair or reset the app, check your antivirus settings, or use a third-party screenshot tool. With a bit of troubleshooting, you should be able to get your Snipping Tool back to working condition.